Mike Price – IDX Trainer
WordPress Plugin Guide – Adding more power to your IDX Home Search Site.
Plugins are comprised of software created by 1,000’s developers all over the globe. They are designed to help you add power and specific functionality to your WordPress site. Implemented correctly, they can take your site to a powerful new level and help you reach your goals of capturing and converting quality leads.
I’ve created a guide just for Flexmls users that are interested in or using WordPress. It’s a review of great plugins to keep your FBS IDX WordPress site running optimally, securely, ready to be seen and indexed by search engines and more. Before you start installing them, there are some things you should be aware of that can have a big impact on your site. Use this checklist as a handy reference.
1. Be sure you check reviews of all plugins before installing. Some are created just for the sole purpose of putting adware or even viruses on your site. If there are only a few downloads or the reviews don’t seem quite right, give it a second thought.
2. Do you really need it? Some plugins seem super cool and you may think it’s something people would love to see. If it doesn’t serve a purpose that truly benefits your readers and your goals, don’t bother.
3. Don’t go crazy. Installing too many plugins will hamper your site’s functionality and could slow it down to the point where it has an impact on the traffic to your site.
4. Try the trial first. If you find that after using the free version of plugin that you will continue to use it, by all means drop the coin on it! It’s usually a small investment for something that has a useful purpose.
5. Back up first. Be sure you have a good back up before installing a plugin. This can not be understated, so I’ll say it again. Be sure you have a good back up before installing a plug in. (check out the back up plugin referenced in the download guide)
6. Keep them updated. Every time you log into your dashboard you will be clearly notified if a plugin needs updating. Make sure first that is compatible with your WordPress version and see if your overall WordPress environment may need updating first as well. Remember, back up before updating anything.
Combining the power of your FBS IDX solution with other plugins can help you establish a completely unique, lead capturing marketing powerhouse that can compete at any level. Want to know more about our powerful LIVE Data IDX WordPress plugin? Take a second to complete the form below for a quick, free, live demo.