Frequently Asked Questions
NEW! Check out our IDX Help Wizard to assist you in directing members to the right place for their questions. You can also share this link directly with members!
What is FBS Products?
It’s simply a name for the division of FBS that provides subscription-based, Flexmls-connected, IDX products to your members.
What Products does FBS provide?
We have 2 solutions that cover almost every IDX need for your members. WordPress Plugin, & IDX SmartFrames. Click here for a Product Comparison.
Is there a cost for FBS IDX Products?
Yes. All our products are subscription-based with an annual fee, paid up-front. Pricing starts at $349. Please have your members reach out via email@example.com for a personalized quote.
Do we, as the MLS, receive a website home search solution for free?
YES! As the MLS, included in your contract with FBS, you may have any website home search solution at no charge. Your options are Smart Frame, WordPress Plugin, API or RETS. For SmartFrame or WordPress Plugin, firstname.lastname@example.org to request one of those options.
- Data flows directly from the Flexmls system into the IDX home search in real time. We refer to this as “Live Data.” Compare this to 3rd party vendors that use RETS feeds that they update on a periodic basis that varies from company to company.
- Lead capture forms are connected to the Flexmls Contact Manager and Customer Portal, which means any incoming leads generated by the IDX solution come straight into the Flexmls platform where your members are already working every day.
If you have forms required to authorize a member to receive IDX data, this is the process:
For an FBS IDX product (SmartFrame or WordPress Plugin) then you or your member need only send the signed approval form or confirmation email to the IDX Specialist (sales representative) from our department that has been working with the member. If the member doesn’t remember who that is you can always use email@example.com and we’ll make sure it gets to the right person.
For a 3rd party company (vendor or developer) who is providing IDX service to your member, then any approvals need to be sent to that company directly. If the company also needs a RETS feed on behalf of the member to service them with data as well, an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to set that up. FBS Products / Broker Agent Services does not support IDX data feeds for 3rd party products or services.
What about IDX API requests?
The Spark API and/or Datamart can offer your members or developers the opportunity to obtain raw data to power IDX home search. Learn more at www.sparkplatform.com
Many times, confusion about terminology can lead to members who are looking to activate our WordPress plugin, to ask for API access. What they actually need is an API key (a number) to enter into their Flexmls WordPress plugin to allow IDX data to flow into it. Asking members if they need raw data or are trying to activate their WordPress plugin can help determine where to direct them. Flexmls IDX WordPress plugin questions can be sent to email@example.com
- We have a dedicated support team that can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also have an online knowledge base for members to find help 24/7 at fbsidx.com/help.
- Our Success Academy provides non-product-specific education to your members to help them be successful in their online marketing efforts.